Wednesday, March 2, 2011

BLOG!!!

This post is mostly a personal memo to myself, encouraging myself to start blogging again. Intelligent right? I have felt swamped these past 2 semesters and feel like I really do not have to be blogging... but I seem to neglect my journal writing when I do not take the time to blog. So, I am going to blog in hopes that i will start writing in my journal again too since it is pretty important to do so. If not I will at least have some semblance of a record that I exist online.

If you would like to leave some digital encouragement for me to start blogging again too, feel free to do so via comment or something of the sort. I am pretty easily influenced by sincere, or at least seemingly sincere, desires for me to keep updated this log on my life and other brain excretions that can be translated into a digital, alphanumeric format. So any encouragement would be great as I try to find time to blog and develop a digital voice for myself in cyberspace (ha ha, does anyone use that term anymore?).

A lot going on in life. Finally, officially headed towards a specific major in my post high school studies. I have decided to major in Advertising, seeking to get into the pretty competitive creative track (they accept around 15 people a year), and double minor in music and art. I am currently taking two of the prerequisites and predict that my performance in both of those classes should be sufficient enough for the application process. I am trying to get into the final prerequisite class during Spring term so that I can use my time during Summer term to work on my application and the video submission required to be considered for the major. Unfortunately the class for Spring is full seeing as the class has a maximum capacity of 18 students. We will see what happens.

I recently went to Las Vegas for a weekend with some awesome friends who became and will hopefully continue to become even more awesome friends. It was the most relaxing and chill weekend that I have had in a long time. Very grateful for everyone involved and the fact that they are part of my life. Especially grateful to my wonderful friend Kristen for orchestrating the whole thing and generously offering lodging during said weekend. What a girl! There are probably upwards of 200 pictures of this trip on facebook so I will not post them here, assuming that anyone following my blog is also one of my friends on facebook.

Even more recently I was able to go to the Manti Temple with my good friends Paul, Eric, Emily, and Ashley, two of her friends, and my brother Travis. The Manti Temple is a beautiful piece of celestial art, towering like a castle above the small town after which it is named, on a majestic mountainous canvas. In many ways I felt like I was in another, simpler time while inside partaking of the wonderful spirit that comes with the ever so important ordinances that take place there. After spending time in the House of the Lord I was warmly welcomed into Paul's home by his gracious parents who live there in Manti. We ate a delicious home-cooked meal, had a wonderful scripture study, and had a good time talking about anything and everything that night. The following morning we woke to a delicious breakfast and hug from our wonderful 1 night/ 1 morning foster parents as we left to head back to Provo. The wonderful person who is my friend Paul Fife is very much a product of his wonderful parents and their Christ-like love. I am very grateful to them for their hospitality and raising of such a great guy.






That is it for now. Just a quick update. Gotta head to a class now.

2 comments:

  1. OH my goodness! I've waited for months for you to post and you finally have!! :]]] Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! A comment! Not only have I posted, I've posted twice! ;)

    ReplyDelete