Wednesday, March 9, 2011

IMPROVE, DANG YOU!

Ten guidelines that I have imposed upon myself for my betterment, progress, and to improve my standings with my God. Wish me luck as I strive to live by these precepts, some of which I am already good at and some of which I am working on.

IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER OF IMPORTANCE OR OTHERWISE.

1. Get that homework/ reading done! Early!

2. Is it past midnight? Turn off the TV and go to sleep or read your scriptures. Unless you are socializing you should be edifying yourself or sleeping. It’s time to take care of yourself.

3. There is no room in the mind of a faithful priesthood holder for putridity, filth, lusty thought, and wickedness of any kind. Fill it with righteousness or pay the consequences. REMEMBER:
4. There are people everywhere who need help and assistance. If they ask, say yes. If no one is asking, be willing to offer.

5. Everyday should be a day of prayer unto the Lord. At the very least, it should be started and ended that way.

6. Everyday should be a day of studying the scriptures and striving to learn to feel the spirit of the Lord. Allow yourself to be guided by him at all times and in all places.

7. Home teaching is not an assignment that can just be checked off. It is a duty that should occupy the mind with the well being of those under your stewardship. Do all you can for your hometechees.

8. There is no reason to keep stagnant the body that Heavenly Father has given you. As long as you have the ability to run, jump, dance, sing, and play, you should be doing so. Take care of the precious gift of your physical body.

9. Your talents are gifts from God that should be developed and used to benefit yourself and especially those around you here in this life. Do not squander them.

10. You are a son of God. As such you should be pursuing a path following in the footsteps of your perfect elder brother and Savior, Jesus Christ. Do not be afraid to say to others and to the natural man that is part of you: "I cannot do what you are asking me, I was born to be a king."

4 comments:

  1. I like this. These are good goals, and they come with a good implicit reminder of the Celestial perspective that gives them their context and significance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Tyler, I sure love you dearly! If it helps any, I think that you are doing many of these things quite well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading this! It helped me. You have good values.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris: Thanks man. I couldn't agree more.

    Kenzie: I love you too! Thanks for the wonderful comment.

    Manisha: Thank you. So glad that this post is worth something to you.

    ReplyDelete