Thursday, March 17, 2011

Praying for Japan

I have always had a great love for Japan; the people, the language, and the culture. As one who has never had the opportunity to travel outside the continental United States, I would not hesitate for a moment to answer "Japan" when asked where I would most like to visit. One reason that I have always loved Japan is that it is such a small island country with so much uniqueness in its culture and people. It has really pained me to see the destruction and suffering that has and is happening there and I have been praying continually that Heavenly Father would comfort His suffering children on the other side of the world. As this tragedy has unfolded I have seen horrifying videos and read terrible news reports, but I have also seen videos and news reports of the people banding together, helping each other, and saving each others lives in some situations. These are strong, noble, clean, highly respectful, and above all honorable children of our Heavenly Father. I hope that they are in your thoughts and prayers as they try to cope with natural disasters that have caused such great destruction in their homes, families, lives, and hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment