Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A Start


I'm guessing that my first post will be pretty similar to the millions of people who are just starting to blog all over the world. So, please forgive me for the lack of interesting things or awesome insights into my life in this first post... I'm still learning. I don't really know where to to start or what to put in here.
ME: Tyler Carter, 22 years old, born in Nashville, TN.

there we are. That's a good start right?

I returned home from a two year LDS Mission to Roseville, CA in December of 2008. Completing that mission faithfully has been the best decision and crowning moment of my life so far. I am currently a student at Brigham Young University, trying to figure out what to do with my life. I'm a little clueless when it comes to this whole college thing... even after having been doing it for going on two years now. I have been working in the Math Department as an Undergraduate Assistant since the middle of April, which is kind of funny seeing as math is my least favorite of any subject most of the time. Fortunately for me, my job doesn't really require me to actually do much math, so I am handling it okay so far.

Something kind of interesting in my life right now... hmmm...

In September I will be participating in the Red Rock Relay.
It will most definitely be the most physically taxing thing that I have ever done. I am going to start my logged training on June 21st. Hopefully by the time I run this relay I will be in the best shape of my life. Unfortunately, that really doesn't mean much. I have never been in really good shape before. To be quite honest, if I am not in the best shape of my life I will not be able to complete this relay. It's 181 miles split between a team of 12 people. My team consists of my younger brother, younger sister and her husband, and some coworkers. It is going to be an amazing experience to say the least.

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Redrock is gonna be AWESOME!!!!!! And then you're gonna wanna do the Dirty Dash with us cuz you'll be addicted!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that so? Ha Ha. I guess we will see.

    ReplyDelete